Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-Michael Jordan

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pinehurst Sprint Triathlon 2011

Here is a re-cap of my day: 

I woke up, I swam, I biked, I ran, I ate pancakes, and then I took I nap.  

Okay, really... today, I participated in then Pinehurst Sprint Triathlon.  It started with a 750m Swim, followed by a 18 mile Bike Ride, and finally a 5K Run.  

Jared and I woke up at 4am and munched down breakfast:  Eggs, sausage, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, and almonds.  This is the REAL breakfast of champions...NOT Wheaties!


5am
Getting Ready To Leave

7am
Race Site: Pinehurst Marina.
I saw these and HAAAD to have them!
Thanks, Baby!
7:30am
Pre Race...Brrrr!  A Chilly 45 degrees.
8am
Race Begins!!!
750m Swim...Check!
The water was a warm 74 degrees.  It felt great!
18 Miles of Brutal Hills...Here I Come!
5K Run with Jared.  (He's so sweet to finish the race with me).
Post Race.  This look explains it all.
Recovery drink in hand... All better!
This was A LOT of fun!  There will be a next time.

I encourage ANY ONE to participate in a triathlon.  It all starts with a wish, a desire, a dream.  Make it happen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment