Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-Michael Jordan

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Stroll Down Memory Lane...

Here's Our Story...

...Flash Back to 2000...

January 2000.  I was taking a few courses at El Paso Community College.  I decided to drop all my classes and move across the country.  A couple of years later I moved back to El Paso and re-enrolled in college.  After getting my associates degree, I transferred to the University of Texas in Austin.  I began working at The Hills Fitness Center as a personal trainer to help put myself through college.  I fell in love with training/coaching and found my true calling in life.

The Hills Fitness Center is also the place that I found the love of my life...

...Flash Forward to 2006...

March 2006....One day at work a new guy caught my eye.  Yes, he was HOT... but.. he was also very smart.  I walked up to him and started some small "trainer" talk.  I was impressed.   (It takes a lot to impress me).  We went began dating.... It was truly magical and I knew I had something special.    
One of our first dates: Barton Springs Pool - Austin, Texas
St. Lucia August 2007


By 2007, we were pretty serious.  It was time to make the trip home to meet each other's families for the first time.  Home for Jared was Hobbs, NM and for me, El Paso, Texas.  As we were driving, we passed El Paso Community College when Jared said...

"I took a few classes there."  I immediately responded, "So did I!  When did you go and what classes did you take?"  After going back and forth.. I found myself saying, "You were the white guy that sat in the back of my speech class with the shaved head!!!???!!"  And his response, "You were the girl that sat in the front of the class.  I had the biggest crush on you.  I finally worked up the courage to go and talk to you one day, so I followed you out side.  I saw you drive away in a red car but you never came back.  Did you have a red car???"  I replied, "Yes, I did... I dropped all my classes that day and moved away."

Texas Longhorn Football Game - Sept 2008


...Flash Forward 2009...

March 2009  Jared and I got married.  



Fate wins in this love story.   I truly believe he and I were destined to be together.  He is my best friend, my partner in crime, and everything in between.  I cherish and enjoy every second that we get to spend together.  I love him more and more with every passing day.

...Flash Forward to Present Day... 

This blog post is for him.   

Even though sometimes he can't be with me physically due to his job, he is always with me in my thoughts and in my heart.  

California Vacay - August 2011


California Vacay - August 2011






No comments:

Post a Comment