Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-Michael Jordan

Sunday, March 18, 2012

...we are one.

"When I am in that place in me, and you are in that place in you... we are one."


Yesterday, I attended my favorite hot yoga class.  The yoga guide started the class with a personal story of his experience of love and compassion.  Last week, as he was driving home from work, he had a blow out.  In the 15 minutes that it took for him to change his tire, he had no less than 5 passer-bys stop and offer assistance.  


He was amazed at the compassion of complete random strangers and their willingness to give. This caused him to look inward and ask himself, "Where is my compassion.  What can I give?"  He then asked each of us to reflect on our love and compassion.  He asked, "What can you give, what can you offer to a complete stranger or even to those you hold near and dear?"   


My intention and mantra for the session was set: Clarity of mind and a deliberate heart.  The next 90 minutes of practice was a-maz-ing.  I was sweating buckets. Each sweat droplet was an affirmation of my mantra.   Each droplet released a worry or a negative thought, replaced by each heart beat; bringing in focus and positive energy.  


As the practice came to a close, with clarity of mind and a deliberate heart, I laid there peacefully in savasana.  I floated in and out of thought....As streams of thoughts flowed in, they were of compassion and what I have to give.  


My thoughts and love was directed to one person in particular....JW.  


The words, "When I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you, we are one." captured the moment perfectly.  


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As you think, you travel.  As you love, you attract.  You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughtstake you.  You cannot escape the results of your thoughts; but you canendure and learn, accept and be glad.  You will realize the vision of yourheart, not the idle wish.  You will gravitate toward that which you secretlymost love.  Into your hands will be placed the exact result of your thoughts;you will receive that which you earn; no more, no less.  Whatever yourpresent environment may be, you will fall, remain, or rise with your thoughts,your vision--your ideal."
unattributed

No comments:

Post a Comment