Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-Michael Jordan

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Mark of the Beast

Another way to hold yourself accountable is to work out with others.

I go through cycles in my own training.  Some times I enjoy working out by myself while other times I enjoy the camaraderie of working out with others.  Lately, I've really enjoyed working out with Jared and/or a group of gals.  It's been grrreeeaaat!!!!!

Yesterdays work out was hell-acious!  It's a good thing I had buddies to "suck it up" with.  The work out started with a strength/Olympic lift exercise.  We did 5 sets of 2 lifts working up to heavy doubles of Squat Cleans.  Boys VS Girls!

Then the real action started.  We ended up calling it, "The Mark of the Beast."

5 x AMRAP IN 3 MIN:
6 Muscle Snatches ( 75 lbs for guys / 55 lbs for gals)
6 KB Swings ( 70 lbs for guys / 50 lbs for gals)
6 Burpees (bodyweight)

Team Waechter vs Team Henry.  While one couple worked for 3 minutes the other couple rested.  We continued this craziness until both couples completed 5 sets a piece.  

It sounded decent on paper... but in reality it broke us off.  After the end of round 2 we were all secretly wishing someone else would call "chicken" and cap it at 3 rounds... of course, no one did and in the end we all felt it!

Get a buddy, get a trainer/coach, or join a class.  Get accountable and get after it!  Have fun.

Check us out!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment