Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-Michael Jordan

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

NEW GOAL-NEW FOCUS- WODS FOR 6/13/2011 - 6/19/2011

It's been a couple of summers since I have done a triathlon.  I'm revving up my engine to give it another go!

My new training plan will be geared and focused towards this.  Week one looked like this:

P.S.  I have also started a Double Under Challenge.

First things first...What is a Double Under???  (a.k.a. DU)

"A double under is a popular exercise done on a jump rope in which the rope makes two passes per jump instead of just one. It is significantly more effective than a single rope pass in that it allows for higher work capacity."  Athlepedia, The Athletics Wiki


Okay!  So, then what is a Double Under Challenge???

A Double Under Challenge is a commitment to do Double Unders (DUs) for 100 consecutive days.  On day 1, I will do 5 DUs...on day 2, I will do 10 DUs...on day 3, I will do 15 DUs...on day 4, I will do 20 DUs.... You get the idea.  By the time I get to day 100, I will do 500 DUs.  So, what happens if I miss a day???  I have to make up those DUs.  For example:  Let's say I miss day 3, which is 15 DUs.   Then on day 4, I need to do 15+ 20 (day 3 + day 4), which equals a total of 35 DUs.  Also, I can break down my DU's with in a day.  This will probably come in handy for those days that I have to catch up, or have a ton to do.  Here I go!!

 (Click here to see a demo video)

WODS FOR 6/13/2011 - 6/19/2011


MONDAY 6/13/2011


ENDURANCE WOD:
6 X 200m Run w/ 200m Walking Recoveries b/n sets
Time 1: 39s
Time 2: 40s
Time 3: 38s
Time 4: 41s
Time 5: 43s
Time 6: 43s


...then hours later...


STRENGTH WOD:
Good Mornings
2-2-2-2-2 (as a Dynamic Exercise = ~ 50% of max effort) @ 45 lbs


WOD:
3 Rounds:
15 GHD Sit Ups
15 GHD Glute Ham Raises
50m Sled Pull w/90lbs on it


D1 of Double Under Challenge (DUC) : 5 DU


TUESDAY 6/14/2011


ENDURANCE WOD:
10 X 1/4mile Bike w/ 1/4mile recoveries.
Total Distance: 5miles
Average Pace on: 20mph / Average Pace off: 13mph
Total Time: 20min


...then hours later...


WOD:
 As Many Rounds of Possible in 12 min of:
5 Chest to Bar Pull Ups
3 Thrusters (88lbs)
25 DUs


Total Rounds:  6 Rounds


D2 of DUC: 10 DUs


WEDNESDAY 6/15/2011


D3 OF DUC: 15 DUs


ENDURANCE:
4 X 800m Run w/ 2 min recoveries b/n


...then...


3 Rounds of:
10 Deadlifts (135lbs)
10 Jumping Lunges
10 Squat to Press (35 lb plate)
10 Ball Plyo Push Ups


...then...
Core Work


THURSDAY 6/16/2011
REST DAY
D4 OF DUC: 20 DUs


FRIDAY 6/17/2011


"DIANE"
21-15-9 for time of:
Deadlift (150#)
Hand Stand Push Ups


D5 OF DUC: 25 DUs


Time: 10:30 sec (ish)


SATURDAY 6/18/2011
Run 4 miles (in sand and hills!) 


SUNDAY 6/19/2011
REST






No comments:

Post a Comment