Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-Michael Jordan

Monday, April 4, 2011

For You.... and for me too

I've been building and designing work out programs for others for over 6 years.  It's what I do and I love it!!!!  While I base most of my programs from my own knowledge bank and experiences, I will be the first to admit that sometimes, I like to take in information from other sources...as long as I feel that they are of worth and are not complete garbage.  Isn't that what learning is all about???  There are a few books, blogs, and websites that I follow that always have fabulous information, ideas, and workouts.  Sometimes I incorporate information from these sources into my own work out regimen.

So what do I do???????  Well, I follow the CrossFit Prescription which is, "Constantly varied, high intensity, functional movements."  In my work outs you will see that I practice and train major lifts such as the deadlift, the various squats and presses, the clean, the clean and jerk, as well as the snatch.  I regularly incorporate pull-ups, push ups, sit ups, hand stand push ups, jump roping, box jumping, rope climbing, tire flipping, you name it, I want to do it!  I also run, bike, swim, row, and practice yoga.  I'm regularly learning and playing all different types of sports.  I LOVE IT!!!!!

What I am trying to get at with all this jibberish is...................drum roll...............

I am such a lover of activeness and a huge advocate of health and wellness that I want others to know that they too CAN incorporate concepts of health and wellness into their own lives toward fitness and health.

I am going to jump on the band wagon and post my weekly work out regimen so that others can use it as a resource as well.  I have to admit, it is a little self serving on my part.  It will help me stay motivated and keep me accountable, plus it will serve as a "work out log" or "journal" so that I can keep up with my times and weights.  (I keep my log in a little mini spiral notebook.  If I lost that thing, it would be a sad, sad day).  So, while this is for you, it is also a little selfish on my part too.

Well, I hope you enjoy.  Please take from it what you can.  I hope it helps gives you some great ideas, a direction, gets you motivated.  As always, if anyone has any questions related to nutrition and exercise, please, please, please, ask!!!

So, on that note.... with out further ado, the following is the past weeks work out regimen.

*P.S. I will give credit where credit is due if I do a work out from someone or somewhere.




3/28/2011 Monday


5 Rounds For Time:
5 Over Head Squat (65lbs)
15 Box Jumps
400m Run

Time: 15:58
*WOD (Work Out of the Day) from CrossFit Fort Bragg

3/29/2011 Tuesday


Run 1 mile then...
4 Rounds:
25 Lower Ab Leg Drops
20 Burpees
25 Supine Russian Twist
20 Lunges
25 Pull Ups
20 Lunges
25 Sit Ups
then...
Run 1 mile

*WOD of my own creation, did not keep time.

3/30/2011 Wednesday


As Many Rounds/Reps As Possible (AMRAP) in 10 Min:
3o Double Unders
15 Power Snatches

Results: 5 Rounds, + 30 DU and 6 PS *shoe lace came untied, phone rang, timer stopped.  DOH!
*WOD from CrossFit Games 2011, Sectionals work out #1.

3/31/2011 Thursday


10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
DB Clean and Jerk (20lbs)
KB Swing (1 pood)
Pull Ups
20m sprint

Time: 13:20
*WOD from CFFB

Then 100 sit ups and worked on hand stand push ups.  5+ in a row.

4/1/2011 Friday


Rest Day

4/2/2011 Saturday


AMRAP in 15 Min:
9 Deadlifts (100lbs)
12 Push Ups (Chest to ground, floating hands at bottom)
15 Box Jumps (20" Box)

Results: 10 Rounds + 9 DL, 12 PU, 5 BJ
*WOD from CrossFit Games 2011, Sectionals work out #2.



4/3/2011 Sunday


Trail Run: 5K





No comments:

Post a Comment