Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-Michael Jordan

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Week of WODs 4/18-4/24

I have admit, this week of WODs were less than stellar.  It is proof as to why it is soooo important to take care of our bodies so that they can continue to do what we ask of it.

In the past several weeks I failed to take the time to properly foam roll and stretch out.  After some of my work outs, I started to feel some tightness and aches and pains in areas of my body, especially in my lower back (quadratus lumborum).  I disregarded the warning signs and scurried on about my business until, BAM, my back got so tight that it began to manifest itself in my glutes, adductors, hamstrings, and even down into the muscles in front of my shin bones.  What does this say to me... and tell you????

TAKE THE TIME TO STRETCH OUT AND FOAM ROLL (check out this link if your not sure what it is) and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY... it will tell you when something is not quite right.

As a result, here is my WOD's for the week of 4/18-4/24:

Monday 4/18/2011

Broke down and aching all over... I made an appointment with a massage therapist and got in that day!!! I was beat down and exhausted.

Tuesday 4/19/2011

Ran 3.5 Miles

5 Rounds of:
12 Inverted Pull Ups
12 Squats
12 Push Ups
12 Pull Ups

Wednesday 4/20/2011
Rest

Thursday 4/21/2011

Thrusters:
 3x 10 Thrusters (light weight 45#)

Friday 4/22/2011
Rest

Saturday 4/22/2011
Rest

Sunday 4/23/2011

Trail Running for 30min
plus
Mountain Biking for 1 hour

***By Sunday, my body was back to 90%.  Back and at 'em!!!!

LESSON LEARNED!!!!  Thank you, body for the reminder and for realigning my perspective and priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment