I used to get a little annoyed when I've read other people's "food logs" in the past. I used to think, "Really, these people are a little obsessed!" "Just eat the damn corn tortilla!"
I'm usually the type of person that eats pretty clean during the week and on the weekends, Jared and I will indulge a little. For example, I sometimes make a home made pizza with the thinnest crust we can find, very little cheese, and add a few healthy meats and avocado as toppers. Every now and again, you can find us enjoying what we call "Sunday Morning Donut Day," or every so often, an ice cream treat. Yes, we work hard all week, and on the weekend, we live it up a little. What can I say, we are suckers for the good stuff! However, there is a catch. I found that my work outs over the weekend and on Monday were far from stellar. I had a hard time getting motivated and an even harder time during my work out. I couldn't move, my body felt heavy, and it was always a struggle to get through.
Imagine how your vehicle would run if you filled up your tank with sandy gasoline. Imagine how terrible it would operate. That is how my body felt. It usually took 2-3 days of clean eating or until about Wednesday to start feeling like I could perform my daily job and workouts at full throttle.
This past holiday season, I found myself in the rut of the "holiday junk food frenzy". My occasional weekend indulgence had turned into a regular occurance. By the time December 31st rolled around, I was definitely ready to feel good and dial in on my food. I decided to clean up my act, and clean up my food. As an experiment, I decided to become one of those annoying people who log their food. It's okay to judge me... I said it myself.... I'm an annoying food logger. I'm doing this to keep myself on track, and to journal my experience. I want to see what a difference it can make.
As I prepare for my first competition in CrossFit, in the CrossFit Open, I want to do my best. I want to provide my vehicle; my body, with the best fuel so that it may operate optimally. I want to see how I perform, how I feel, and I'll admit it, I want to see how I'll look.
So far, I feel fantastic! I have have energy all day long. My work outs are getting better every day. I am sleeping like a baby at night, and am waking up with out an alarm clock. My days seem to flow along smoothly, and I have a much more positive outlook.
So far so good. While I am dialing in on my food, don't be surprised if I log in a cheat...I don't want to be the crazy lady who obsesses or cringes as the sound of sugar. As Michelle states, "Don't be the kid at the party that nobody likes because you won't eat birthday cake." I will still indulge in a goody, just not as often. With that being said.... here is this week's food log:
MON 1/9
B@9:
2 bacon, 1 smoothie
L@1:30:
~4-5oz fajita meat, 1/2 avocado
Post w/o Snack @4:
1 scoop whey protein in 1/2c coconut water
D@8:
4-5oz philly style beef w/ onion, peppers, mushrooms, 1/2 avocado
TUES 1/10
B@9:
2 bacon, 1 egg, 1 smoothie
L@1:30:
1 hamburger patty, jalapenos, 1/4 avocado
Post W/O @4:45:
1 scoop whey in coconut water
D@8:
3oz chicken, 1/2 avocado, jalapenos, 12 almonds, 1/2c sweet potato hash
WED 1/11
B@8:30:
2 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 smoothie
L@2:
3oz chicken, 1/2 avocado, 1/2c sweet potato
D@8:
12 almonds, hamburger patty, 1/2 avocado, jalapenos, 4 raw baby carrots, raw green beans
THURS 1/12
B@ 8:
2 bacon, 2 sausage, 1 smoothie
Post W/O @ 12:
1 scoop whey protein in coconut water
L@3:
~3-4oz chicken, lettuce, fajita veggies, ~1/4c guacamole, salsa (Chipotle salad)
S@5:
1oz dark artisan chocolate (OUCH!!!... this hurt my tummy)... It was good, but I sure was not feeling good after eating this.
D@8:
4oz hamburger meat, 1/2 avocado, jalapenos
FRI 1/13
B@8:30:
1 bacon, 2 sausage, 1 smoothie
L@2:
12 almonds, taco salad: 4oz meat, 1/2 avocado, lettuce, jalapenos
D@7:
12 almonds, 1/2c marinara over steamed veggies: 1/4c mushroms, 1/4c peppers, 1c green beans and 4 sausage links, and 12 small shrimp.
SAT 1/15
B@6:45:
2 bacon, 1 smoothie
Post W/O@9:
1 scoop whey in coconut water
B2@12: 2 bacon and 1 sausage
L@2:30:
3oz chicken, 1/2 avocado, 4 raw baby carrots
D@7:30:
~1oz seared tuna, 5oz steak, 1/2c steamed veggies, ~12 pecans
SUN 1/16
B@7:
2 bacon, 1 smoothie
L@2:
~4oz steak on salad. 3 baby carrots, 3 tbs home made pico de gallo, 1/2 avocado, 15-18 almonds/pecans
S@4:
3 small bowls of popcorn mixed with some dark chocolate chips (cheat) ...I got super sleepy after eating this and took a nap. Still feel groggy as I'm writing this.
D@8:
to be determined... haven't gotten that far yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment