MONDAY 1/9:
AMRAP in 10 min:
30 Double Unders
15 Power Snatch (55 lbs)
TOTAL ROUNDS: 5 + 30 D/U + 8 P.S.
This particular WOD happens to be the first work out in the CrossFit Open last year. I did better last time. I'm not worried about it.. some days are just like that. My outlook is positive and I am working hard and I will get stronger, faster, and harder to beat! Ha!
TUESDAY 1/10:
3 x 5 Deadlift @ 165 lbs
3 x 5 Front Squat @ 100 lbs
WEDNESDAY 1/11:
REST
THURSDAY 1/12:
"Filthy Fifty"...(minus lunges) @ 11am
50 Reps of these 9 different exercises: Box Jump, Jumping Pull Up, KBS, Push Press, Back Ext, Wall Ball, Burpees, Double Unders
TIME: 22:52
Wall balls and Burpees killed me on this one! My lungs!!!
...then...
"NATE" @ 1 pm
AMRAP in 20 min:
2 Muscle Up (I did progressions)
4 Hand Stand Push Ups (I did kipping)
8 Kettle Bell Swings (16 kilos)
TOTAL: 12 rounds + 2 Muscle Ups
This wasn't a max effort for me since I had just done "Filthy Fifty". My shoulders were a little smoked, so I did all kipping HSPU instead of Strict.
FRIDAY 1/13:
5 x 5 Snatch
WEIGHT: 55-65-75-80-80
SATURDAY 1/14:
8 x 400m Run @ 8am
TIME: 1:35 , 1:33, 1:33, 1:35, 1:35, 1:33, 1:32, 1:31
...then...
Weightlifting @ 1pm:
10 min Snatch Work @ 65 lbs
5 x 3 Snatch Pulls @ 85 lbs
20- 20- 12- 12 Front Squats (unbroken sets) @ 65 lbs
2 x 2min wall sits , 10 squat jumps, rest 2 minutes b/n sets
...then...
90 min HOT YOGA at 5pm
What a busy yet absolutely wonderful day. I met up with Michelle and D at the track at 8am in 30 degree weather. If it were just me, I'd find any way to get out of working out in the cold. In fact, I tried. Thanks D, for basically telling me to "suck it up". I'm so glad I did. My endurance has taken a back seat since my triathlon in September. I believe this is why I can't seem to catch my breath.
My 400m splits felt GREAT! Thanks D for pushing me and setting the pace. I also want to thank Michelle for working with me on my snatch. I've always said, "To become better, surround yourself with people who are better."
I topped this already amazing day with a much needed Hot Yoga session with the gals in Pinehurst.
SUNDAY 1/15
REST... (I went to the Lululemon Goal Setting Seminar... more about this and my Yoga experience to come in another post).
No comments:
Post a Comment